Friday, February 24, 2012

Wine Cork Board (tutorial)...


This 'Wine Cork Board' is a simple project to do on a rainy afternoon. 


What you'll need:


- something to glue the corks to: you could use and old memory board, maybe a large picture frame or just a piece of ply wood. For this project I used an old memory board that needed some TLC.

-You'll also need an abundant supply of wine corks:
you're guna need to drink a lot of wine! or make friends with someone who does

-And of course you'll need a whole lot of hot glue and a hot glue gun!

*I lined my corks up first to see what the placement would look like first. I had a bigger amount of one type of corks so I used most of those first and then filled in the last spots with all different types of corks. You can design yours any way you'd like
( note: you made need to do some cutting to completely cover the board and fit cork into small awkward spaces)

After I got a good idea of what my board would look like I started gluing them to the board by just putting a line of hot glue on each and sticking them in place:



Once you've finished the first row, it's a good idea to also put glue in between each cork so that they're more secure.

Another note: Some of your corks may have a small bump on it from where a cork remover was used, it's a good idea to pick the cork out so that it will lay flat and make for a more neater finish:
You may have to do some creative corking to get the board completely covered. As you can see I made a different design on the right side of my board because I ran out of the same type of cork. When you're finished just hang and enjoy! 
 2 hours, 250 corks and a whole lot of glue later this was the end product:
Good Luck!
-jem



No comments:

Post a Comment